Common Problems in Charles County and St. Mary’s County, MD
Sequence Orthodontics, conveniently located in Waldorf and Leonardtown, and serving Charles County and St. Mary’s County, Maryland, offers comprehensive orthodontic care to local residents to treat common orthodontic problems, providing satisfied patients of all ages with newly improved, healthy smiles.
What Common Malocclusions Do You Treat at Sequence Orthodontics?
Among the most common problems that we address and treat through a wide range of treatment modalities and options are the following:
- Irregular spacing of teeth – missing teeth or excessive gaps between teeth.
- Crowding – crowding of teeth occurs when there is not enough space in the mouth for the patient’s full dentition. This malocclusion may be corrected by expanding dental arches before permanent teeth erupt, potentially preventing future extractions.
- Underbite – a condition in which the lower jaw extends outward, causing the lower front teeth to settle in front of the upper front teeth when the mouth is closed
- Overjet – a condition similar to an underbite, except affecting the upper teeth instead of the lower teeth. The upper front teeth extend out over the lower front teeth and settle in front of the lower teeth.
- Crossbite – this condition refers to upper teeth that have settled inside the lower teeth and may lead to irregular jaw growth and damage to the teeth.
- Overbite – when the upper and lower front teeth overlap excessively in the vertical dimension causing the upper front teeth to close down too far over the lower front teeth. This may also be referred to as a deep bite and may affect the patient’s ability to chew food properly or cause excessive wear on the lower front teeth.
- Openbite – a condition in which the upper and lower front teeth do not meet, which may affect the patient’s ability to chew food properly.
- Protrusion of teeth – a condition in which teeth extend too far forward or not far enough, causing an imbalanced appearance in the mouth.
What Should I do Next?
If you live in Charles County or St. Mary’s County, Maryland and would like more information about common problems that are treated at Sequence Orthodontics, contact our Waldorf or Leonardtown office to schedule a consultation.